20110423

Surprise!!!

After telling my family in the Philippines for several months that I could not afford to fly back home to attend my sister's Pearl Wedding Anniversary celebration, I decided at the very last minute to bite the bullet and use airline miles to buy a ticket a few hours before the departure time. After a 36-hour door-to-door trip on coach from L.A. to Manila via Tokyo and Singapore, I finally made it back to my homeland (11 years after my last visit). My friend, Jojo, was kind enough to pick me up at the airport and take me to my sister's house. On the way, I called the family acting like it was a long distance call just to say hello. The timing couldn't have been more perfect: they were all together having lunch. When I arrived at the house, the driver just happened to be opening the gate, recognized me from pictures, and let me in through the maid's quarters and kitchen (where I bumped into my niece, Amanda). I rushed to the dining room, jumped, and shouted, "Suprise!!!".

No comments: